I'm opening up to the idea of giving birth naturally. Well, at the very least, IF I get pregnant for a second time, THEN I will DEFINATELY give natural-birth a try.
I've heard from a couple different ladies from church that they've gone the Hypno-Birthing route. I've researched it, and it's quite intriguing. I found some CD's that I've been listening to (called HypnoBabies) that are basically relaxation/meditation type sessions... but from what I've read, people have been able to have pain-free births from listening to these things (well, there's also some books and stuff you're supposed to buy and practice with...).
I guess if you "practice" enough, and gain a good understanding of what your body is doing during labor, you don't feel contractions as PAIN...simply pressure.
I figure I watched my sister give birth to one of her daughters, and the nurses were too slow at giving her an epidural, so she HAD to do it naturally. It went pretty quick...
What's going through my mind is...
- From what I've read, the "hardest" part of giving birth is when your body is dilating from about 6 to 10. Before and after that time period, it's not that bad.
- IF I am lucky enough to dilate fast like my sister, then that's really only about 10 mins (?) of "hard labor" that I'd have to go through. Would I want to stick a fat needle in my spine for 10 mins of relief? (maybe...)
- IF this hypnobirthing stuff works, "hard labor" really won't hurt at all...just pressure. (Then again, I really don't like to "push" myself...running, sports, etc.)
Hmmm...
Here are some videos from YouTube (don't worry, they don't show anything):
This is someone's first-hand experience with Hypnobirthing...
This is of an old news story about hypnobirthing...
1 comment:
you could probably teach your self it...just like when you would listen to dad's tapes and actually use the ideas....
Post a Comment