This morning I went in for my 27 week appointment. What a zoo! My appointments were scheduled for 8:30am (Glucose Test) and 9:10am (meet with Doctor).
Here's what happened...
8:20am - Got to the clinic early. Checked into the blood testing area. Lady took me back, gave me a bottle of orange "soda". Drank it within 5 minutes. She told me to return at 9:27am to get my blood drawn.
8:30am - Checked in upstairs at the doctor's office. The receptionist gal was in training, so it took about 10 minutes longer for her to get me checked in. Finally get to the waiting room.
8:50am - Finally get called back into the office. Give my urine sample. Weight, blood pressure--check, check. (120 lbs!) I tell the nurse that the blood-peeps told me to come back at 9:27am. She says no problem, the doctor will be in shortly. Wait for the doctor...wait for the doctor.
9:20am - Nurse comes in. Doctor isn't in yet...was okay seeing the other nurse practioner (or whatever her exact title is). Sure! She comes in, measures my uterus. I ask her about being sick this weekend, and she said things should be fine (but takes note of it). I guess my uterus is measuring a little smaller than 27, so she wants to schedule me to come back in two weeks for another ultrasound. She grabs the other nurse and tells her to help me setup an appointment, then they rush me back downstairs to get my blood drawn. They tell me to come back upstairs afterwards to finish making the appointment.
9:28am - FINALLY make it back downstairs. Wait for a bit. The lady that gave me the orange soda in the morning opens the side door and calls, "Ms. Zhang?" She looks at me. I say my first and last name. She exclaims, "The last girl had the same first name as you!" She shuts the door, and I hear her rushing around. So there was another asian girl ahead of me (that she thought was ME...so she got HER blood drawn a few minutes early, and I would be getting my blood drawn a few minutes late). After scrambling for a little while, she pulls me to the back room, reprints my tube labels, draws my blood, and says that she just needs to re-label the other gal's blood. Niiice.
9:35am - Run back upstairs. The door to my doctor's area/office is locked, so I head over to the main office/entry/appointment area. They help me check the system and let me know that the nurse did indeed setup an ultrasound and doc. apt. for me in 2 weeks, so I'm good to go.
10:15am - Driving through small roads and medium traffic, I finally make it to work. Phew! Told Tim all about my morning on the cell. He freaked out a little that the baby is a little small (I'm actually a little more excited!) and said that he wants to go with me to the rest of my appointments. (How cute...he just called me and said that he's going to make sure I get enough to eat to make sure the baby is getting enough nutrition).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment