Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nesting for the Baby!

This weekend (before I got sick) I spent a TON of time preparing for baby. I cleaned. I rearranged the 2nd walk-in closet/storage room. I cleaned and rearranged OUR closet. Phew! Got SO much done! It felt great! (And at first, I thought maybe I had done too much b/c my body started getting sore...but it was the stomach flu).

Not only that, but I pulled out all the baby clothes/stuff that we've been given and threw them in the wash (as per my sister's suggestion).

Bought a few things from Target to help keep things organized, and oila!

Here's a pic of a HUGE bag of girl clothes from Tim's sister. My sister had said, "Just throw all the baby clothes in the washer, that way you know for sure they're all clean and if she gets an allergic reaction, yada yada yada..." Well, I TRIED to fit them all in the wash. I fit about 3/4 of the bag in, but then discovered that I had to rinse THAT load (half and half) to get the soap out! :P hahaha! It was good that I had more than one load, though, b/c there were some more baby (and maternity) clothes from my sis that needed a washing.


Tada! After some slight rearranging of my clothes, all the clothes fit! Next step: Organize the clothes by 0-3 months, 3-6 months, etc. Got some hangers from Target for a decent price...just wish they were in white!

Bit Sterilite storage bin from Target. Holds shoes, socks, pants, bloomers, onesies, burp clothes, blankets, etc.

I don't think we'll need anymore clothes for this little girl for a little while. :)

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Wow you got alot of clothes. More than what I have.

Julia said...

hahaha...seriously. We're really lucky to have older sisters that have had daughters... like I'm sure you'll have a TON of clothes to pass on to Pauline! :)