Friday, March 20, 2009

Moroccan Food!

Last night I went with some ladies from church to Saffron Moroccan Cuisine. Yum! Tim and I had gone there once last summer with some friends and were greatly impressed.

I head up a "Restaurant Group" with some of the ladies at church, and have scheduled a dinner every-other-month on the 3rd Thursday of the month.

So this month, we ate Moroccan. These are some of the dishes I (and the other ladies) ordered.

From top left, and clockwise:
  1. Dej Medfoun - Sauteed chicken breast with onions and ginger tossed in egg noodles.

  2. Couscous Malaki - Served with lamb, merquez sausage, and seven vegetables.

  3. Azizia's Tagine - Braised sweet potatoes, sweet peas, tomatoes, raisins, and onions in cilantro ginger sauce. (This is what I ordered).

  4. Djej Msharmal - Marinated and roasted cornish hen with olives and preserved lemon.


    Peggy and I. She has a seeing-eye-dog (Nelson) that Tim loves... it's the main reason Tim will go to Sunday School. ;)

Some of the ladies that were there...


We arrived at 6:30p, ordered at about 7:00p. Finished eating at about 7:50p, and sat and chatted until the belly dancer came out at about 8:30p. Left at 9:00p. What a late night for me!

The belly dancer was really good this time! (Last time, the belly dancer wasn't that good...but then again, this is coming from a pregnant lady that can NOT dance at all!) The gal was really nice, and let Peggy "see" her finger-cymbals (sp?) and the embroidery on her skirt.



Here's a short video some of her moves. Nelson the dog seemed to like her too. (Sorry, it was dark).

1 comment:

Lara said...

Fun! We took the girls to an Indian restaurant once with a belly dancer that was a little too provocative. We thought it was a family restaurant but these men started putting dollar bills in her bra straps. The girls still remember it and try to dance like her....hmmm