Monday, March 23, 2009

Another day at the rodeo...

I was the last to wake up this morning. But we were able to make it out the door to run an errand before hitting the rodeo. (Mom's cell phone was on the fritz, so we headed to a nearby Verizon store to get it looked at. Image on left).



Here's Mom and I in the blue parking lot, just before walking over to buy tix into the event (right image). Note to self: next year, we'll just take the trax...for some reason, I had read that parking would only be $7...but it ended up being $12! Plus it was a long walk through the parking lot!



We walked through different areas of the livestock show...saw horses (dressed up in cool "superhero" like bodysuits), a donkey-pulling thing, a Llama at the animal races, some heifers (sp?) and a heifer show.


We also stopped to get some BBQ... I got a burger, and everyone else got a sausage. We picked up a funnel cake afterwards. Yum!



After eating and walking around, we walked through some of the exhibits/shopping-areas, and Dad got his scuffed clogs polished. Nice! And not too bad for $7.


While Mom and Dad waited for a personalized item they had purchased, Tim and I rode a "golf cart" back to the parking lot to pick up the car...except we didn't have the car keys. Darn! So we waited for Mom and Dad to make their way back over to the car. :)


See my cowboy boots? Got a lot of good exercise walking around...the first time we went, I was so sore afterwards! This time I was fine. Yeah! Plus, my occasional Yoga sure helps!


What a fun day! Once we got home, I ended up taking a long 3 hour nap! Whoops! Luckily, I was still able to fall asleep at night.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

You look so cute with your little belly.

Julia said...

haha...thanks! Not feeling so "little" anymore!