Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where's the weight?

So I'm quite curious to find out where all the pounds are going.

After being sick for a couple days (and measuring my weight just BEFORE I got sick to just before I started feeling better), I lost 9 pounds. 9 POUNDS! Is that all water weight?! Can it be? That's a TON of water!!

Though the measuring tape may not (for some reason) be picking up extra "stuffing" around my rump, hips, and thighs (how do I know? because some of my low-rider pants that should not be affected by my belly are becoming too-tight-to-wear), there's definately slight growthage on general areas of my body (did I mention the back fat? ugh. Again, I'll post my measuring chart soon...this whole sick-and-dropping-weight thing is throwing it off).

I did find this little tidbit online:

Where Does All This Weight Gain Go?
Here is a breakdown of where you can expect the extra pounds to go:
Baby ... 7-8 pounds
Placenta ... 1-2 pounds
Amniotic fluid ... 2 pounds
Uterus ... 2 pounds
Maternal breast tissue ... 2 pounds
Maternal blood ... 4 pounds
Fluids in maternal tissue ... 4 pounds
Maternal fat and nutrient stores ... 7 pounds

So I really don't mind gaining this weight... I'm just starting to freak out that it's all going to the BABY! How big is she going to be?!? 10? 12 POUNDS?!?!? Oh please no!

No comments: