Thursday, April 9, 2009

30 Week Appointment

Yesterday, we went in for my 30-week appointment. We actually got in to see the doc an hour after the scheduled time...


The nurse got my:
Urine sample. Good.
Weight. Woah! 131! (After she left the room, I took off my boots and weighed myself again... 128...phew! I'm guessing a lot of it is water-weight, too.) The doctor later said that because I started so light, it wouldn't be terrible for me to gain a total of 40 pounds by the end of the pregnancy...but she said that after this next month, I most likely will not gain anymore weight...something about a "baby growth spurt" that she's seen in a lot of her patients.
Blood pressure. Check.
Baby's heart beat. Strong and loud.


Later, the doctor:
Measured my uterus. Measuring at 29. Very good.
Checked my cervix. Still thin... she said that according to their literature, anything 25cm and smaller calls for extra care and bedrest... I had measured at 26cm at the last appointment, and was still the same at this appointment. Note: when she was checking my cervix, she was like, "Woah, she's really low." Yeah, baby girl (seems to me) has ALWAYS been low. Remember when we tried to get those nice ultrasound pics? She was ALWAYS squishing her face down below...


She advised that I continue to "rest" when I can, and to take things easy. No exercise, no heavy lifting, etc. We'll see how my cervix is in two weeks... she said that she'd be very happy if the baby will stay in for at LEAST another 3 weeks.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Wow Julia..you're almost there!!