Monday, April 27, 2009

Bed Rest Day 5




I'm laying in bed right now. Munching on some cold red grapes. Mmmm... I have my work Remote Desktop open so I can see if I have any new emails.

Not too shabby. :)

It's actually quite nice and relaxing to be able to work from home. Though, I think if I thought about it TOO much (being in bed rest for several more weeks), I might start getting antsy and crazy... but I just take it one day at a time. It reminds me of running on a treadmill (since I hate running outside). Once I get on a treadmill, I can't think about how long I'm going to run/jog for...I just have to do it. I have to focus on the T.V., or music, or something. The moment I start thinking, "Ah! 30 more minutes!", I feel like I can't do it.

So I try to space my day out so that it's still relatively "normal". I've been able to wake up easily at about 5 or 6am...usually I'm begging the alarm clock for more time, but maybe b/c I'm working at home, it's actually fun to wake up. :)

Anyway. Then I'll read some scriptures, then get up and brush my teeth, then head back to "bed" and login to work on my laptop. If nothing's going on yet, I might start working on a project...or grab something to eat. Then I try and do job-related stuff for a while... I basically try and stay in the bedroom until about lunchtime when Tim comes home. Then I get back into bed. Find something to do, and just keep myself busy till about 4pm. Then I usually feel better about going into the other room and watching T.V. (as if I had just returned home from work).

The days ususally go by w/o any problems... it's when it starts getting dark...and I have to stay inside. And just sit there. :P

Today I set aside some time to clip my Sunday Coupons and put them away in my coupon-folder-thing. I also registered online with my hospital, and went through other paperwork that I have to complete.

Pic of my setup...

My point of view...

No comments: