Friday, February 27, 2009

"You and me, and the devil make three..."

The other night, a (pregnant) friend of mine told me that she turned on some Metallica really loud to see if her baby would respond. She said that as soon as the music started playing, her baby just went CRAZY in her belly! And when she turned the music off, and turned some classical music on, the baby stopped.

So I told Tim to sing to the baby. He put his mouth up against my belly and started singing some tune from "O Brother Where Art Thou"...

"Go to sleep little baby (Go to Sleep little baby)
Go to sleep little baby (go to sleep little baby)
You and me and the devil makes three
Go to sleep little baby..."

There's more to the song, but I guess that's all he remembered. :)

So he's singing in a deep voice into my belly, and we felt her start kicking/punching/something! around...even where his mouth had been! We can't tell if she LIKES the singing, or if she's trying to tell him to STOP!!! :P hahaha...

1 comment:

Lara said...

Cute! When I was pregnant with Sophie, I used to put some headphones on my belly while I was sitting at my desk and play classical music. I did feel like she responded to it.